YORK BOWEN SOCIETY
President: Stephen Hough
The composer Edwin York Bowen was nicknamed "The English Rachmaninoff" during his successful career. Endymion is reviving some wonderful chamber music to celebrate the re-launch of the YORK BOWEN SOCIETY – the haunting Rhapsody Trio, the celebratory Suite for violin and piano and the exciting unpublished Rhapsody for solo piano. Alongside are works by Bowen's contemporaries Stravinsky and, of course, Rachmaninoff. Supported by The Delius Trust.
WIGMORE HALL, THURSDAY 25th SEPTEMBER 2008, 7.45pm
Read reviews and interviews concerning this event on the Articles and Reviews page.
Krysia Osostowicz (violin); Jane Salmon (cello); Michael Dussek
- York Bowen..... Rhapsody in B Minor op 10 (1902; Piano solo). Unpublished; believed to be a World Première
- Rachmaninoff..... Piano Trio No 1, Élégiaque
- York Bowen..... Rhapsody Trio op 80 (1926)
- Stravinsky..... Duo Concertante
- York Bowen..... Suite in D Minor for violin and piano op 28 (1909) (dedicated to Fritz Kreisler)